Thursday, September 17, 2009

new format: Restaurant Blog entry number one!!

Previously, I have posted pics of reasons in my life that I have found smile-worthy. This was an attempt on my part to bring joy and happiness to my life and to concentrate in some small way on the good in my life and not the negative.

Well, it occurs to me on this fine Thursday morning that the quickest way to bring a smile to my face, and to many other faces that I know and love, is with a plate of warm, wonderful, fragrant, tempting, mouth-watering yumminess that we call food. Food is the common denominator for so many of us foodies. We love it, we crave it. We appreciate it for all that it does and will do for us. It triggers memories, it soothes broken spirits, it uplifts a tired soul at the end of a 12 hour shift, it beckons to us in the middle of a 3 hour movie, or even a good night's sleep. It is present at all our milestones; birthdays, weddings, funerals, first dates, and an ordinary friday night supper.
Families have traditions called "Taco Night", "Pizza Night", "Salad Luncheons" and "Chili Cookoffs"...there aren't too many traditions centered around doing the laundry or washing the car....but throw some pig in a skillet and see who comes running with their fork in hand. Yes, it will be me....and anyone who enjoys a little bacon fat in their veins..okay, I admit it; A lot of bacon fat in their veins.

So here's to a new experiment. There might be pictures, there might not be...but I am gonna post my thoughts and adventures with food. I live in a fabulous food city with any number of choices for venue when it comes to lunch/supper, and the 4th meal...stay tuned!!

No comments: