Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Boo, my camera broke

Well, I can't upload pictures at the moment, but you can catch some food pictures on my facebook page.
In the meantime I will update you on a few of the marvelous meals I've had in recent months: I will do everything that I can to add pictures later.

Outback Steak House:
We went here in December with my inlaws and two of our children. I am an Outback Virgin and had always wanted to try this supposedly "Australian" based chain.
There was a commercial on television that seduced us right away with its upclose visuals of a succulant lobster tail and juicy looking steak. Somehow, I made it to my 40's without ever trying loster tail. I've had lobster bites, I've had lobster salad and last year at Disney World I had a lobster roll (which is a sweet mayonaise based cold salad served on a hot dog bun), but i had never had a grilled lobster tail.
Oh my. Let me tell you. Lobster tail is my friend and I will gladly give up any other cut of fish or seafood for it.
We ordered the special and we received in addition to bread basket, a small but perfectly grilled steak, and a lobster tail, sliced down the middle and spread out invitingly with its sweet sweet meat dressed with a tad bit of cajun spices and served with drawn butter.
It was awesome, and I will look forward to it again and again. Oh yeah, there was some kind of potato on the plate but I ignored it. In situations like this, its important to eat first things first, and let the taters get cold on the plate.

1 comment:

Jeremy C. Plummer said...

Now THAT sounds delicious!