Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Two reasons



I really have to search lately to find a reason to smile. But, here are at least two of them. Having children later in life is something that is usually discouraged. For me, it's worked out to be a weird, wonderful and exciting experience. I don't know if these two little ones will suffer for having an older mom, I hope not. I try to nap while they are gone, and be alert and awake when they need me. I keep my complaints about aching knees or popping joints to myself. And I can sing almost every song on Spongebob Square Pants. I know that my husband and I will be some of the oldest parents sitting in the audience when they graduate. And we may not live to see our great grandchildren. I can take that chance...it's worth it when you are offered the biggest kitkat in the pile. Not with pouting, not with a grudge but because "Mom, I wanted to save it for you."

1 comment:

UptownGal said...

I just got married and if i ever be a mom, I'm definitely gonna be a late mom too. This post you wrote is really sweet. :) May the Lord bless your family and you in the years ahead!