Friday, September 26, 2008

one of my top ten favorite houses

In the interest of privacy I can't tell you where or whose house this is, but it is one of my all time favorite houses. It's huge! And I spent many happy afternoons there as a teenager. There are four floors and as you can see a nice big front porch. The basement is finished and has a work shop area, pool table, and dart board and used to have a foos ball table, the ground level has a gorgeous oak staircase, large dutch kitchen, utility room, bathroom, dining room and both casual and formal living rooms, the next floor has four bedrooms, a sitting room full of ferns and green plants and a nice sized bathroom, then up in the "attic" there is a sweet little alcove that has a bed and dresser and a sitting area with a television and reading chairs. Just too sweet. All decorated in antiques and eyelet lace, with a slight nod to the dutch heritage of it's owners. The backyard is landscaped with a fishpond and rock garden. Believe me, if this house ever went on the market...I'd find a way to be first in line (although the concrete duck on the porch would have to go!)

2 comments:

Jeremy C. Plummer said...

Let's see the other 9!

smilefinder said...

I wish I could, but I don't have pictures of them. As you can guess, one is the house that we grew up in on Beeson Avenue, and another is Grandma Elsie's house in Milton.